It's that time of year again for apple picking, wearing cozy sweaters, and walking in the fresh Fall air! I don’t know about you, but it’s hard for me to not be distracted by all of the beautiful colors and shapes of leaves in Autumn. Why not turn these beautiful fallen leaves into a fun craft to do with your kids? Breathe new life into them, while you create fast friends and lasting memories!
DIY Leaf Friends
- Take a refreshing nature stroll with your little one and and pick out some of your favorite leaves.
- Press each dry leaf between the pages of a book for a few days until they are good & flat. Now you’re ready to craft!
- Use paint pens to draw faces; we like turning our leaves into critters.
- Use glue to create animals or friends with multiple leaves.
- For advanced little crafters out there, you can have them use scissors to create new leaf friend shapes.
What you will need:
- Pressed leaves
- Markers or paint pens
- Scissors (Optional)
For other leaf ideas, visit Ko-Ko-Ko Kids or get inspired like we did by the book “Look What I Did With a Leaf.”